- Exceptional Care and Treatment Options from Our Recognized Specialists
Loyola's Center for Aortic Diseases specialists pride themselves on providing top care for aortic diseases, while offering a variety of advanced treatment options.
- Recognized Leaders in Treating Aortic Diseases
Our team has been recognized for their contributions and medical advancements in the field of aortic diseases, providing you better care.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Center for Aortic Disease
A Seamless Patient Experience
Loyola's longstanding reputation for a team approach to providing heart and vascular care means that you see experts in aortic disease care all in one visit. Your imaging, diagnosis and treatment plan will all be completed in one day while you and your loved ones are visiting Loyola.
The interdisciplinary team of cardiac and vascular surgery specialists at Loyola Medicine’s Center for Aortic Disease provides the highest level of patient care for the treatment and management of complex aortic disease.
Working together, cardiac surgeons, vascular surgeons, anesthesiologists, cardiologists, neurologists, radiologists, and imaging and medical genetics specialists are dedicated to timely recognition, treatment and lifelong management of aortic issues.
Comprehensive Care and Specialized Treatment Options
Loyola provides a wide range of services, including advanced diagnostic tools, initial screenings, endovascular interventions and cardiovascular genetic testing for patients at risk for complex aortic disease. We offer advanced minimally invasive treatment of aneurysms with innovative endovascular stent grafting technology and provide patients with more options that are not offered at other medical centers. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report has recognized aortic valve surgery as a high-performing specialty at Loyola University Medical Center.
What Conditions Do Aortic Disease Specialists Treat?
The clinical specialists at Loyola’s Center for Aortic Disease are experts at diagnosing and managing patients with the following conditions:
- Acute aortic syndrome (AAS)
- Aneurysms, including abdominal aortic aneurysms, thoracic aneurysms and thoracic abdominal aneurysms
- Aortic arch disease
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic injury and trauma
- Aortic intramural hematoma (IMH)
- Aortic valve disease, including aortic stenosis and aortic regurgitation
- Complex aortic valve endocarditis
- Congenital heart defects, such as Aortic coarctation (CoA) or narrowing of the aorta
- Familial thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection
- Marfan syndrome and other genetic conditions
Tests and Treatments at the Center for Aortic Disease
The efficient and expert collaboration between the cardiac and vascular surgery teams at the Center for Aortic Disease allows Loyola to offer patients:
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Advanced preventive surgical procedures
- Thorough diagnosis to identify and manage genetic risk factors
- Advanced non-invasive imaging
- Medication management
- Surgical interventions that prevent disease-related complications
- Lifelong monitoring in collaboration with the patient’s cardiologist or vascular specialist and primary care doctor
How Are Aortic Disease and Disorders Treated?
The specialists at Loyola’s Center for Aortic Disease provide many different treatment options for aortic diseases and disorders. We are committed to developing the plan that is right for you, delivering expert treatment and comprehensive follow-up care. Treatment options include:
- Endovascular stent grafting
- Open repair of aneurysms
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) or replacement (TAVR)
- Valve replacement
The clinically integrated Center for Aortic Disease team also provides evaluation and care for a high volume of patients needing second opinions for their unique conditions. Loyola cardiovascular and vascular surgeons take the time to help you understand your diagnosis, offer you the most progressive treatment options available and work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs and goals.