Comprehensive Neurology Support and Resources for Patients and Families
Loyola Medicine provides a multitude of neurology support services and resources to help you and your family before, during and after a neurological event or condition. These services include:
- Caretaker support — We work closely with patients who need supervision and their caretakers, providing education about neurological conditions and guidance on the most beneficial community resources.
- Genetic testing — Genetic tests may provide more information about the variants of different diseases or help couples determine if their children have inherited or could inherit a neurological condition.
- Geropsychiatric assessment — This evaluation determines if and to what degree psychiatric changes are affecting a senior patient.
- Neurology rehabilitation — Your team will help you to regain or improve upon skills such as walking, talking, muscle control and the activities and tasks of everyday living.
- Nutritional therapy — Patients tend to lose or gain weight with some neurological conditions, but your team will instruct you on the best way to manage your weight and nutrition going forward.
- Occupational therapy — Patients with some neurological conditions may require rehabilitation to carry out the daily activities of life. Loyola’s experienced, certified and licensed occupational therapists will help you get back to a more independent life.
- Physical therapy — Some neurological and neuromuscular conditions can sap the tone and strength of your muscles. We will help you regain muscle strength and restore your range of motion.
- Second opinion stroke clinic — Let us provide you with a comprehensive evaluation and determine which of the latest therapies is best for you.
- Speech and language therapy — Loyola’s experienced, certified and licensed speech and language pathologists are committed to helping you with speech impairment prevention, rehabilitation and education.
- Stroke rehabilitation — These important evaluations and therapies can help you to regain lost skills and abilities.
- Swallowing clinic — Swallowing problems can result from a number of neuromuscular conditions. Loyola’s team will provide the therapies that you need.
Learn more about which services may be right for you by talking with your doctor or neurologist.