Clinically Integrated Care for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
Loyola Medicine’s experienced plastic and cosmetic surgery team provides a variety of solutions for patients seeking plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures. Our plastic and cosmetic surgeons are fellowship-trained and work as part of a clinically integrated care team, partnering with facial and reconstructive surgeons, breast surgeons, head and neck surgeons and other specialists to provide state-of-the-art surgical techniques.
Loyola’s plastic and cosmetic surgeons have specialized training and vast experience providing a full range of treatments, including:
Our patients often seek surgical intervention for the following conditions:
- Abdominal imperfections
- Breast imperfections
- Creasing above the eyebrows
- Droopy eyelids or bags under the eyes
- Ear abnormalities
- Effects of aging
- Effects of childbirth
- Effects of weight loss
- Facial deformity
- Facial imperfections
- Hair removal
- Loss of facial tone or volume
- Nose imperfections
- Scars from surgery, trauma or skin conditions
For expert surgical treatment following cancer, an accident or injury, severe burns, congenital abnormalities or scarring from surgery, our skilled reconstructive surgeons provide advanced care. Learn more about reconstructive surgery.
Why Choose Loyola for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery?
As part of an academic medical center, Loyola’s expert clinicians perform and teach the latest surgical techniques and medical treatments in numerous locations across the Chicago area. In addition, our nurses have earned Magnet status, which means they have been recognized for delivering the highest level of care.
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeries Available at Loyola
Loyola’s highly experienced, fellowship-trained plastic and cosmetic surgeons specialize in surgeries of the body, breasts, abdomen, face and hands. Our team has received specialized training to provide the most advanced treatment options, including the below procedures.
Loyola’s specialists offer a full spectrum of services in body contouring, including restoration after weight loss. If you are looking to target specific areas or improve your overall physique, our body contouring services can provide these advanced options:
- Arm lifts (brachioplasty)
- Breast augmentation through breast implants or fat transfer
- Breast lifts (mastopexy)
- Breast reduction (reduction mammoplasty)
- Circumferential body lift
- Lower body lifts (buttocks, groin and outer thighs)
- Medial thigh lifts (inner, outer and mid-thigh)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Cosmetic Surgery and Facial Rejuvenation
Loyola’s plastic and cosmetic surgeons understand the importance of feeling confident and know that you want to look your best. Signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin and the loss of facial volume and contours can seem to occur overnight. When you feel good about your face, you feel more confident and self-assured.
Loyola’s specialists are experienced in providing advanced aesthetic facial services, including:
- Botox® injections and other facial fillers
- Brow lifts
- Ear abnormality correction (otoplasty)
- Eyelid lifts
- Facelifts (rhytidectomy)
- Neck lifts
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Scar revision
Rejuvenation, Skin Care and Aesthetic Services
Loyola’s specialists provide a wide range of services in cosmetic skin care and treatments for some skin diseases. These procedures include:
- Acne skin treatments
- Adult acne and skin-brightening treatment
- Advanced anti-aging skin treatment
- Chemical peels
- Dry skin treatments
- Facial fillers, including Botox® injections
- Fractional laser treatment
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment for brown spots, redness of rosacea, aging and stretch marks
- Laser hair removal
- Laser skin resurfacing for fine lines and wrinkles
- Lipoma excision
- Micropigmentation (tattoo makeup)
- Natural fruit peel
- Oily skin treatments
- Sensitive skin treatments
- Skin-lightening services
Specialized Techniques for Reconstructive Surgery
Loyola offers advanced reconstructive surgical treatment for patients following cancer, an accident or injury, severe burns, congenital abnormalities or scarring from surgery. Our surgeons are highly skilled and experienced in providing specialized surgical techniques, including:
- Hand surgery — Loyola’s board-certified surgeons use state-of-the-art surgical techniques to repair a range of problems of the hand, wrist and forearm. In collaboration with Loyola’s orthopaedic surgeons, we are committed to eliminating all symptoms that lead to your discomfort, pain and restricted movement—including advanced treatments for Dupuytren’s contracture, extra digits (polydactyly), hand and forearm wounds, finger deformities, trigger finger, vascular injuries of the hand and webbed fingers. Learn more about hand surgery.
- Pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgery — Some pediatric conditions are not just a matter of appearance; they can also affect a child’s health. For instance, cleft lip and cleft palate can interfere with a baby’s ability to eat. Our surgeons will explain your child’s condition and treatment options and answer any questions you may have. Our pediatric surgeons are experienced in surgical treatments for conditions including benign skin tumors, birthmarks, craniofacial microsomia, craniosynostosis, deformities of the ear, nose and trunk, dermoid cysts, Goldenhar syndrome, Nager syndrome, Pierre Robin sequence and Treacher Collins syndrome. Learn more about pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Reconstructive surgery — Loyola’s specialists provide comprehensive care in reconstructive surgery to treat wounds, burns, trauma, deformity and disfigurement for adult and pediatric patients. Our surgical reconstruction specialists have vast experience improving appearance and returning functionality for patients with serious injuries and conditions—including breast reconstruction after cancer, facial trauma, reconstruction surgery after bone and soft tissue tumors, severe scarring or trauma to the chest, abdomen and extremities. Learn more about reconstructive surgery.
- Wound and burn treatment — Loyola’s specialists are adept at performing skin grafts following wound and burn injuries. Loyola’s Burn Center, renowned throughout the Midwest, is one of the busiest and largest in Illinois and provides advanced treatments for scars and wounds.
Exceptional Research to Advance Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
Loyola’s expert plastic and cosmetic surgery program is actively pursuing new research with a focus on patient-centered outcomes. Our research includes studies on wound-healing agents, the biology of aging skin, anatomical landmarks in breast augmentation and speech patterns after cleft palate repair.
As an academic medical center, Loyola is dedicated to improving future treatments by conducting research on new diagnostics and treatments. Loyola’s patients benefit from research discoveries made here. Read about Loyola’s current clinical trials.