Welcome to Loyola Medicine. We understand that time spent at the hospital can be stressful. We want to make your time here as comfortable as possible, by providing resources and services as well as by being available to answer any questions you may have.
Loyola Medicine’s main campus is 11 miles west of downtown Chicago, easily reached by car from I-290 or I-55. We are located on First Avenue between Roosevelt and Cermak Roads.
Find directions to our Loyola University Medical Center campus and other locations.
Our LUMC campus has visitor lots and a visitor parking garage, as well as valet parking.
Parking in the lots and the garage cost $5 for the day.
Valet parking costs $6 for the day.
Hours for valet vary by location:
- Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center — Monday to Friday, 6:30 am – 6 pm
- Loyola University Medical Center main entrance — Monday to Friday, 5:30 am – 9:30 pm
- Loyola Outpatient Center — Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 6 pm
If you have questions, please call the parking office at 708-216-9092.
For information on parking at our other sites, visit the location web page.
Parking for the Disabled
A parking lot in front of the medical center and parking spaces in the visitor garage and lots are reserved for those with disabilities who have a valid state-issued disabled parking plate or placard. If you have questions, please call the parking office at 708-216-9092.
CTA — Take the Blue Line Forest Park Branch to the Des Plaines station and Pace bus route 308.
Metra — Take the Burlington Northern train to the Brookfield station and Pace bus route 331.
Shuttle bus service is available to help you get around the Loyola University Medical Center campus Monday to Friday, 6 am - 6 pm. The shuttle stops at these entrances:
- Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center
- Emergency Department
- Fahey Building
- Loyola Outpatient Center
- Maguire Center
- Main Medical Center entrance
- North entrance (employee only)
- Stritch School of Medicine
Patient and Visitor Resources
If you need help finding your way around or need other information, our staff is happy to help you. If you don't see a uniformed customer service employee, you will find help at the medical center's front desk and at the security desks nearest the visitor parking garage and the east entrance of the medical center. You also may call customer service at 708-216-8457 or reach nearly any service or department by calling 888-584-7888. From a patient room, dial 0.
Chaplain Services and Spiritual Care
Chaplains will visit with families upon request and are available at the hospital 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling 708-216-9056 or extension 6-9056 from inside the hospital. An interfaith chapel is available 24 hours a day at Loyola University Medical Center on the lower level of the hospital, near the East Elevators. Learn more about spiritual care.
Loyola's food court offers several options, including SUBWAY® as well as Asian, Mexican and American traditions for fresh-cooked meals or grab-and-go choices. Other campus food and beverage options include:
- Stritch School of Medicine cafeteria
- Einstein Bros. Bagels and coffee stand at Loyola Outpatient Center
- Sandwich, soup and snack stand at Loyola Center for Fitness
- Coffee shop near the Center for Heart and Vascular Medicine
- Coffee shop at the entrance of Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center
Lori's Gift Shop at Loyola University Medical Center is open 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 7 pm Saturday, Sunday and holidays. It is located on the first floor of the medical center, near the East Entrance and close to the food court.
Loyola’s healthcare professionals are dedicated to patient satisfaction. If you have any concerns, please talk to your doctor, nurse or the nursing supervisor. You may also call patient relations at 708-216-5140 or extension 6-5140 from inside the hospital.
Phone amplification devices (to make the sound louder) and telephone communications devices for the hearing impaired (TDD) are available to patients upon request. Please ask your nurse to contact the admitting department for these devices.
Free Wi-Fi service is available in all patient rooms and public areas of the hospital.
Visiting hours for most hospital patients are 9 am - 9 pm daily. Hours for some patients and in some units vary, and so it is best to ask the patient's care team. Overnight passes are necessary for all overnight guests and are issued by the security department, with the approval of the nursing supervisor.
Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children are restricted from some areas.
Please note, during flu season, a limited visitation policy will be followed for your safety and the safety of others.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be allowed in patient areas (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis).
- Adult visitors are limited to those necessary for promoting the patient’s emotional well-being and care.
- Visitors who are sick should refrain from visiting the hospital. As always, we ask patients and family members to cover coughs, use tissues, wear masks and wash hands as appropriate.
Please call 888-584-7888 to confirm if the flu season visitation policy is in effect or for more information on the policy.
- Visitation is 24 hours a day.
- Children are welcome.
- Hours vary. Please check with the patient’s care team.
- Parents or legal guardians are allowed 24 hours a day.
- Relatives, including siblings, may visit noon – 9 pm when accompanied by the patient’s parent or guardian.
- Parents are allowed 24 hours a day.
- Regular visiting hours are 4 – 7 pm.
- Visiting hours are weekdays 6:30 - 9 pm and weekends and holidays 2 - 9 pm.