Dermatopathology Fellowship Training
The Loyola University Medical Center and Hines VA Hospital Department of Pathology and Dermatology Divisions are proud to offer an ACGME accredited Dermatopathology Fellowship Program. Program directors Dr. Jodi Speiser and dermatopathology faculty members Dr. Madhu Dahiya and Dr. Kumaran Mudaliar work in close collaboration with our clinical dermatology and pathology faculty to provide a comprehensive, integrated learning experience. The one-year fellowship is open to both pathology and dermatology trained physicians. Fellows receive extensive and specialized training encompassing all aspects of skin diseases. The LUMC/Hines VA experience is exceptional in that it provides fellows a synergistic learning experience between clinical diagnosis and investigative dermatology. Fellows hone their diagnostic skills serving Loyola's busy satellite ambulatory care patients, active inpatient infectious disease patients, transplant and burn unit patients, and diverse VA patients. Additionally, fellows explore disease pathogenesis and new treatment modalities via collaboration with our active cutaneous research programs based in the Cardinal Bernadin Cancer Center.
Thank you for your interest in Dermatopathology fellowship training at Loyola University Chicago
We look forward to receiving your application. For initial application we will need three letters of recommendation, Step III results, and a CV. Please forward the following items to the attention of Ela Stekala by November 30th.
- Current CV with personal statement (can be faxed)
- Completed application form (print and mail or fax)
- Two (2) wallet size photographs
- Official Graduate School/Medical School transcripts
- Copy of Graduate School/Medical School Diploma, if awarded. Foreign medical graduates must have a medical degree from a school listed in the World Health Organization Director of Medical Schools, have fulfilled all educational requirements to practice medicine in the country where the degree was obtained, and hold a valid license for same.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from Clinical Faculty Members addressed to the Program Director, Jodi Speiser, MD
- Sample of writing skills (i.e.abstracts, articles, protocols, etc.), if available.
- Copy of valid license to practice if available.
- USMLE Scores, I, II, and III. (mailed or faxed)
All foreign medical graduates must provide copies of:
- A valid ECFMG Certificate.
- A valid VISA or proof of U.S. Citizenship. We sponsor J1 visas only.
A valid Illinois state license is mandatory for you to begin training here at Loyola. The licensure process will begin after acceptance in the program. If you would like preliminary information regarding the licensure procedure and requirements, it can be obtained from:
Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
320 W. Washington St. , 3rd Floor
Springfield, IL 62786