- Community Benefit
"The blue and white hospital 'H' carries the promise of help, hope, and healing. While the hospital of the future will continue to extend that promise, it may do so in significantly new ways. Hospitals do more than treat injury and illness; many serve as cornerstones within their communities, both in terms of advancing health and well-being, as well as being an economic engine."
- American Hospital Association (2015), Redefining the H
"Health" means more than freedom from illness and injury. It means opportunity for education and employment. It means having enough to eat, feeling safe, and having one's voice heard. It means a thriving human spirit.
Beyond the care we provide within our walls, Loyola Medicine recognizes our responsibility to enhance community health and well-being through thoughtful support of the local economy, advocacy around laws and policies that impact our community members, removing barriers to accessing needed services, and making it easier for community members to live healthy lifestyles. We commit to our patients, employees, and those living in Proviso Township and the surrounding areas that we will use our resources to continue providing the best possible medical and spiritual care and to leverage our collective power to enhance quality of life for all.
Our 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment is now available (see link below). Based on community surveys, focus groups, and public health data, this Assessment provides updated information on what the community needs and wants from us. Our Implementation Plan for addressing these needs will be available later in 2019. See below for programs, services, and policies on which Loyola Medicine is already working:
Community Organizations & Programs Supported by Loyola Medicine
Pediatric Mobile Health Unit
The YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program
$141,988,778 worth of uncompensated health care services provided to those in need (2017)
$21,040,477 worth of support provided for health education and research (2017)
Community Health Needs Assessments & Implementation Plans
- 2019 Loyola Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2019 MacNeal Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2016 Loyola Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2016 CHNA 2016 Report Appendices
- 2013 Loyola Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2012 Loyola Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2012 Loyola CHNA Report Appendix I
- 2012 Loyola CHNA Report Appendix II
- LUMC CHNA Implementation Strategy (FY20-22)
- MacNeal Community Health Implementation Plan (FY20-22)
- LUMC CHNA Implementation Strategy (FY17-19)
- GMH CHNA Implementation Strategy (FY17-19)
- Loyola CHNA Implementation Strategy (FY14-16)
- GMH CHNA Implementation Plan (FY14-16)
Need Health Insurance?
There are new insurance options available for patients without insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act.
Do you have a comment about Community Benefit?
We welcome your questions or comments regarding our most recent Community Health Needs Assessment report. Please contact the Loyola Medicine Community Benefit Department at 708-216-4600 or submit your message below. Please provide your e-mail address if you would like a response.