An observership experience in the Neurology Department is offered in the span of a month-long program. The clinical experience and research topics offered can be modified according to the interests and skills of the potential Clinical Observer.
The following are the requirements in this pathway:
- Clinical Observer must have a faculty sponsor at the Loyola University agree to oversee the period of visitation and accept be responsibility for guidance and monitoring of the individual.
- Clinical observer must have a valid Visa (excluding B1 Visa).
- Clinical Observer must have evidence of current personal health insurance.
- Clinical Observer’s visitation time may extend to a period of maximum one month.
- The application must be submitted at least 12-weeks in advance of the target start date.
The following are a list of materials required to be submitted to the host department by the applicant:
- Clinical Observer Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Letter from Loyola faculty sponsor to Loyola departmental chair that states:
- Name of Clinical Observer candidate
- Proposed start and end dates of training
- Description of training/mentoring commitment and terms for evaluation
- Proof of personal health insurance in English
Attached below find the Clinical Observer Application Form to be filled and submitted as instructed no later than 12-weeks in advance of the target start date:
Country List of Prior Observers
The Neurology Residency Observership Program is proud to boast a rich diversity of prior observers spanning a variety of nations from around the world. Below find listed the multitude of nationalities represented by our collection of prior observers.
- Dominican Republic
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia