- Volunteerism at Loyola Medicine
Loyola’s volunteers are valued partners who play a vital role in helping to provide important services for our patients. They add a unique and personal dimension to fulfilling our mission in treating the human spirit.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Loyola University Health System!
Every day, volunteers work to enhance the patient experience at Loyola University Health System. Volunteers work to support patients and their families as well as visitors and staff throughout our health system. Loyola’s volunteers are valued partners who play a vital role in helping to provide important services for our patients. Our volunteer program builds meaningful connections, caring relationships, positive engagement between volunteers, patients, families and staff and promotes the importance of a positive and engaged patient experience.
Become a Volunteer
Why Volunteer at Loyola University Health System?
Volunteers receive many benefits by donating their time to Loyola:
- Opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills
- Invitation to attend special events, including the employee and volunteer picnic
- Recognition at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Free health screening and annual flu shot
- A $5 meal voucher for every four-hour shift
- Discount on items in the hospital gift shop
- Free parking during your volunteer shift
- Letter of recommendation after 104 hours of service, or 60 hours for Junior Volunteers
- Opportunity to gain clinical and non-clinical exposure in a healthcare setting
Consider becoming a volunteer at Loyola University Health System. Volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering an average of four hours per week for at least six months. Volunteer services are performed throughout the day during morning, afternoon and evening shifts.
Join our volunteer team today!
We are excited you have chosen Loyola University Health System as a volunteer placement! Our organization values volunteer service and strives to provide a rewarding and challenging experience to those who volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities exist in a variety of areas throughout the medical center. Volunteer opportunities include emergency department patient support, pediatrics child life assistants, inpatient friendly visitors, guest relations, wayfinders, pet therapy and many more. Learn more about our current volunteer opportunities.
Are you ready to brighten the lives of our patients and families? Below you will find information about our volunteer screening process. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns while completing the process.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering at Loyola!
Volunteer Screening Process
To ensure the safety of our patients and families, there are certain requirements that we ask each volunteer to meet in order to volunteer at Loyola University Health System. These requirements are set in place for your protection as well as for the protection of our patients, visitors and staff. Each requirement must be met before your first day of volunteering.
- Application – complete and submit the online application.
- Interview – all volunteers will meet with the volunteer services staff to discuss interests, complete paperwork and determine potential placement.
- References – All volunteers will need to have two reference forms completed by non-relatives. Download the volunteer reference form.
- Background Check – All volunteers 18 and over will participate in a criminal background check.
- Health Screening
- Influenza Vaccine
Our junior volunteer program is currently at capacity. Check back in the upcoming months for information about our Summer 2017 junior volunteer program.
Manager, Patient and Volunteer Engagement