Loyola Medicine offers informative classes for expectant parents and their families. These free classes, taught by experienced registered nurses, certified childbirth educators and international board-certified lactation consultants will meet your needs and help you prepare for the new addition to your family.
Basic Childbirth Preparation Class
Saturdays - October 7, November 4, December 2
These sessions cover topics such as birth planning, labor and delivery, cesarean birth, emotional aspects of pregnancy, delivery and postpartum expectations. The registered nurse instructing the class will discuss both non-medicated labor techniques and medicated labor interventions.
Infant Care/Breast-feeding Class
Saturdays - September 30, November 11, December 16
Breastfeeding benefits you and your baby in many ways physically as well as emotionally. This class is taught by an internationally board-certified lactation consultant and provides information regarding:
- Health benefits of breast-feeding
- Body changes while breast-feeding
- How to breast-feed
- Common challenges and remedies
- Breast pump use and breast milk storage
- Continuing breast-feeding while working outside the home
This class is designed to build a new mother's confidence and provide you with information you need to know about breast-feeding before you come in to deliver. This class also includes a book on breastfeeding.
- Saturday, September 23 - 9 am
- Monday, October 9 - 6 pm
- Saturday, October 21 - 9 am
- Monday, November 13 - 6 pm
- Saturday, November 25 - 9 am
- Monday, December 11 - 6 pm