- Loyola University Chicago Internal Medicine Residency Program
Meet our Chief Residents:
Jennifer Ray, MD; Sarah Fantus, MD; Farah Nasraty, MD; Josh Newman, MD; and Alex Turin, MD with Program Director Kevin Simpson, MD
- Internal Medicine Chief Blog
Visit our blog for shoutouts, morning reports, photos, educational resources, and more!
- Interview Season
Join our applicants for interview dinners each week!
The Unique Features of Loyola's Internal Medicine Residency
Loyola University Medical Center is a 547-bed facility with 24,000 yearly admissions. Loyola has been recognized as high performing in Cancer, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Ear, Nose & Throat, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology by US News & World Report.
The Department of Medicine has many special features:
- "4+1" Scheduling System
- Expert full-time faculty truly dedicated to teaching
- Comprehensive curriculum and conference schedule
- Intern Boot Camp
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Quaternary academic medical center
- VA hospital and outpatient training
- Fully integrated EMR for outpatient and inpatient encounters
- Mock code training
- Diverse patient population
- Great location minutes from downtown Chicago
- Dedicated research programs for residents
- Free board review course for PGY3 residents
- MKSAP provided for every categorical resident
- Faculty advisor program
- Annual off-site retreats for each class
- Internationally recognized transplant programs including bone marrow, cardiac, liver, pulmonary, and renal
"Loyola University Health System is committed to excellence in patient care and the education of health professionals. The people of Loyola promise patients that we go beyond the illness to treat the whole person. We also treat the human spirit."