- General Ear- Nose and Throat
- Larynx Cancer
- Neck Masses
- Oral Cancer
- Skin cancers of the head and neck
- Thyroid surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
About Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim graduated Alpha Omega Alpha with a medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York. She then moved to Iowa City, Iowa where she served an internship in the Department of General Surgery and a seven-year residency in the Department of Otolaryngology at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC). During the two research years, she worked under Howard Hughes Medical Investigator, Dr. Michael Welsh, to investigate gene therapy to airways. In her final year, she was chosen as a chief resident. Dr. Kim then followed with a head and neck surgery fellowship, also at UIHC.
Prior to working at Loyola, Dr. Kim was a member of the attending staff at the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Hospital in Iowa City.
She has been the recipient of grants from the NIH Research Training Program for Otolaryngology and the American Society of Hematology Summer Research Fellowship and has received a number of honors and awards in medical school and in residency.
Dr. Kim is a member of the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Kim has been certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Kim serves as the section chief of the Otolaryngology Section at Hines VA Medical Center.
- Axitinib versus sorafenib in advanced renal cell carcinoma: subanalyses by prior therapy from a randomised phase III trial Escudier, B.; Michaelson, M. D.; Motzer, R. J.; Hutson, T. E.; Clark, J. I.; Lim, H. Y.; Porfiri, E.; Zalewski, P.; Kannourakis, G.; Staehler, M.; Tarazi, J.; Rosbrook, B.; Cisar, L.; Hariharan, S.; Kim, S.; Rini, B. I., British journal of cancer
- Effectiveness of anti-TNFalpha for Crohn disease: research in a pediatric learning health system Forrest, C. B.; Crandall, W. V.; Bailey, L. C.; Zhang, P.; Joffe, M. M.; Colletti, R. B.; Adler, J.; Baron, H. I.; Berman, J.; del Rosario, F.; Grossman, A. B.; Hoffenberg, E. J.; Israel, E. J.; Kim, S. C.; Lightdale, J. R.; Margolis, P. A.; Marsolo, K.; Mehta, D. I.; Milov, D. E.; Patel, A. S.; Tung, J.; Kappelman, M. D., Pediatrics
- TGF-beta-activated kinase 1 is crucial in podocyte differentiation and glomerular capillary formation Kim, S. I.; Lee, S. Y.; Wang, Z.; Ding, Y.; Haque, N.; Zhang, J.; Zhou, J.; Choi, M. E., Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : JASN
- Exosomes derived from IL-10-treated dendritic cells can suppress inflammation and collagen-induced arthritis Kim, S. H.; Lechman, E. R.; Bianco, N.; Menon, R.; Keravala, A.; Nash, J.; Mi, Z.; Watkins, S. C.; Gambotto, A.; Robbins, P. D., Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md.: 1950)