- Brachial Plexus Reconstruction
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Elbow Injury
- Nerve Compression Syndrome
- Nerve Injury
- Osteoarthritis Of The Hand And Wrist
- Peripheral Nerve
- Sports Injury
- Trauma Of The Hand And Wrist
- Wrist Problem
About Dr. Puri
Sameer Puri, MD, graduated with honors from Tufts University, obtaining a bachelor of arts degree in philosophy and a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering and biomedical engineering. He attended medical school at Tufts University School of Medicine, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honors society. He continued his training in orthopaedic surgery at the Tufts Combined Orthopaedic Residency program. During residency, he was given the American Orthopaedic Association-Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Resident Leadership Award. As chief resident, he was recognized with the Henry Banks Outstanding Resident Award.
Dr. Puri completed his fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. There he received specialized training in brachial plexus and nerve reconstruction, microsurgery and management of complex elbow conditions.
Dr. Puri strives to provide individualized care that best suits the needs of each patient. He understands that both simple and complex hand and arm conditions can have a tremendous impact on a patient’s function and quality of life. He offers evidence, advice and expertise on available surgical and nonsurgical treatment options.
- Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell University - Hand and Upper Extremity Reconstruction
Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Subspecialty, Hand Surgery
- Importance of Computed Tomography in Determining Displacement in Scaphoid Fractures. Gilley, E; Puri, SK; Hearns, KA; Weiland, AJ; Carlson, MG, Journal of wrist surgery
- A Biomechanical Comparison of Extensor Carpi Ulnaris Subsheath Reconstruction Techniques. Puri, SK; Morse, KW; Hearns, KA; Carlson, MG, The Journal of hand surgery
- Diagnosis Treatment, and Return to Play for Four Common Sports Injuries of the Hand and Wrist., Goldfarb, CA; Puri, SK; Carlson, MG, The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Relative Contribution of the Subsheath to Extensor Carpi Ulnaris Tendon Stability: Implications for Surgical Reconstruction and Rehabilitation. Ghatan, AC; Puri, SG; Morse, KW; Hearns, KA; von Althann, C; Carlson, MG, The Journal of hand surgery
- Clinical outcomes of limited-open retrograde intramedullary headless screw fixation of metacarpal fractures. Ruchelsman, DE; Puri, S; Feinberg-Zadek, N; Leibman, MI; Belsky, MR, The Journal of hand surgery
- Cycling of early Golgi proteins via the cell surface and endosomes upon lumenal pH disruption. Puri, S.; Bachert, C.; Fimmel, C. J.; Linstedt, A. D., Traffic