About Dr. Fitzgerald
- Investigation of Sacral Needle Depth in Minimally Invasive Sacrocolpopexy Graham, E.; Akl, A.; Brubaker, L.; Dhaher, Y.; Fitzgerald, C.; Mueller, E. R., Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery
- Triathlete Risk of Pelvic Floor Disorders Pelvic Girdle Pain, and Female Athlete Triad, Yi, J.; Tenfelde, S.; Tell, D.; Brincat, C.; Fitzgerald, C., Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery
- Impact of urinary incontinence on medical rehabilitation inpatients Mallinson, T.; Fitzgerald, C. M.; Neville, C. E.; Almagor, O.; Manheim, L.; Deutsch, A.; Heinemann, A., Neurourology and Urodynamics
- Transient osteoporosis of pregnancy of the bilateral hips in twin gestation: a case series Reese, M. E.; Fitzgerald, C.; Hynes, C., PM & R : the journal of injury, function, and rehabilitation
- Pregnancy-related lumbopelvic pain: what have we learned? Fitzgerald, C. M., American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Female Chronic pelvic pain
Pelvic floor disorders
Pregnancy related low back and pelvic pain
K23 HD069511-01A1 9/23/2013 – 6/30/2016
NIH/NICHD “Mechanistic Distinctions in Female Chronic Pelvic Pain Subtypes”
The purpose of this study is to examine the sensory and functional characteristics of women with postpartum pelvic pain (somatic-musculoskeletal pain) and interstitial cystitis/IC/CPP (visceral pain), compared with women without CPP. Preliminary investigation in the central brain imaging of these CPP subtypes will be done.
Scott F. Nadler Research Award 10/1/2013 – 9/30/2014
Foundation for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
The Effect of Ultrasound Guided Posterior Sacroiliac Ligament Corticosteroid Injection in Pregnancy Related Pelvic Girdle Pain
The purpose of this randomized controlled study is to to investigate the clinical outcome of ultrasound guided ligamentous corticosteroid injection in pregnant women with sacroiliac pain also undergoing physical therapy.