Evening to feature free health, wellness presentations, refreshments, raffle and massages
MAYWOOD, Ill. - Women's lives are crowded with increasing demands, stress and challenges, both at work and in the home. To help ease some of those burdens, the Loyola Center for Health at Homer Glen has created a unique event.
Women's Night Out is a relaxing evening of health and wellness. Medical professionals from a variety of disciplines - including plastic and reconstructive surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, general pain management, cancer prevention, healthy eating, weight control, cardiovascular health and sports medicine - will offer tips and advice for better health.
The free event takes place from 6-8:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 13 on the second-floor lobby of the Loyola Center for Health & Fitness at 15750 Marian Drive, Homer Glen. The break from the routine will include presentations from a panel of health experts from Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill., food and beverages, a raffle and massages. Parking is free. To register, please call (888) LUHS-888.
Panel discussions will begin at 6:45 p.m. Speakers scheduled include:
* Dr. Victor Cimino, assistant professor of surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, on Changing Lives: Enhancing Lives through Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
* Dr. Sondra Summers, associate professor, obstetrics and gynecology, Stritch School of Medicine, on Innovations in Women's Health.
* Dr. Meda Raghavendra, assistant professor, anesthesiology, Stritch School of Medicine, on Chronic Low Back Pain: A Multi-modal treatment approach.
* Dr. Haemi Choi, associate professor, orthopedic surgery & rehabilitation, on Sports Medicine Issues Specific to Women.
* Heidi Pankratz, RD, LDN, clinical dietician, on Nutrition & Weight Management.
* Cindy Mulhall, APRN, cardiovascular nurse specialist, on The Woman's Heart.
* Lisa Vanderwall, BSN, RN, oncology certified nurse specialist, on Renewal of Self-Confidence.
Loyola University Health System (LUHS) is a member of Trinity Health. Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, LUHS is a quaternary care system with a 61-acre main medical center campus, the 36-acre Gottlieb Memorial Hospital campus and more than 30 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, Ill. The heart of the medical center campus, Loyola University Hospital, is a 569-licensed-bed facility. It houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. Also on campus are the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola Outpatient Center, Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine and Loyola Oral Health Center as well as the LUC Stritch School of Medicine, the LUC Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Fitness. Loyola's Gottlieb campus in Melrose Park includes the 264-licensed-bed community hospital, the Professional Office Building housing 150 private practice clinics, the Adult Day Care, the Gottlieb Center for Fitness, Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care and the Loyola Cancer Care & Research at the Marjorie G. Weinberg Cancer Center at Melrose Park.