You are here
December 27, 2012
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones. Get Your Flu Shot at Loyola Today!
Flu season is starting up, and Loyola University Health System is offering flu shots at our Immediate Care locations during all hours, seven days a week, and no appointment is needed. Check the clinic location (below) for hours of operation. Flu shots are available at our offices in Burr Ridge, Homer Glen and River Forest.
The flu (or influenza) is a highly contagious viral infection that attacks the respiratory system. While side effects from a flu shot are typically mild, symptoms of the flu can be severe:
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Fever or feeling feverish/chills (not everyone with the flu will have a fever)
- Some people may have vomiting or diarrhea, but this is more common in children than adults.
Anyone can get the flu, but some people have a higher risk of developing serious flu-related complications if they get sick, including:
- Adults 65 years of age or older
- Individuals with certain chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease
- Pregnant women
- Young children (ages six months through four years)
Insurance is accepted.
Flu shots are available at the following locations:
Loyola Center for Health at Burr Ridge
6800 N. Frontage Road
Immediate Care: (708) 327-1064
Loyola Center for Health at Homer Glen
15750 Marian Drive
Immediate Care: (708) 645-3500
Gottlieb Center for Immediate Care at River Forest
7617 W. North Ave.