You are here
43 of Our Physicians Picked as "Top Docs"
Forty-three Loyola University Health System physicians have been named to Chicago magazine's annual list of Chicago's Top Doctors.The list was compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a health-care research and information company. Castle Connolly invited all licensed physicians to nominate regionally and nationally outstanding doctors. A Castle Connolly research team, which is led by physicians, evaluated each nominee’s educational and professional experience before selecting the finalists for the list.
The list is included in the January, 2012 issue of Chicago magazine.
Here are the full-time Loyola physicians on the Top Doctors list:
- Cardiac electrophysiology: Dr. David Wilber
- Cardiovascular disease: Dr. Alain Heroux, Dr. John Moran
- Child & adolescent psychiatry: Dr. Mary Lou Guttierrez
- Endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism: Dr. Mary Ann Emanuele
- Gynecologic oncology: Dr. Ronald Potkul, Dr. Donna Smith
- Hand surgery: Dr. Michael Bednar, Dr. Randipsingh Bindra, Dr. Terry Light
- Hematology: Dr. Sucha Nand, Dr. Patrick Stiff
- Infectious disease: Dr. David Hecht, Dr. J. Paul O'Keefe
- Maternal and fetal medicine: Dr. Richard Besinger
- Medical oncology: Dr. Kathy Albain, Dr. Joseph Clark, Dr. Ellen Gaynor
- Neonatal-perinatal medicine: Dr. Jonathan Muraskas
- Neurological surgery: Dr. Douglas Anderson, Dr. Russ Nockels
- Ophthalmology: Dr. James McDonnell
- Orthopaedic surgery: Dr. Michael Pinzur
- Otolaryngology: Dr. Andrew Hotaling, Dr. John Leonetti, Dr. James Stankiewicz
- Pediatric cardiology: Dr. Joel Hardin
- Pediatric Hematology-oncology: Dr. Ricarchito Manera
- Pediatric surgery: Dr. Loretto Glynn
- Plastic surgery: Dr. Victor Cimino
- Pulmonary disease: Dr. Patrick Fahey
- Radiation oncology: Dr. Bahman Emami
- Rheumatology: Dr. Elaine Adams
- Surgery: Dr. Gerard Aranha, Dr. Richard Gamelli
- Thoracic surgery: Dr. Mamdouh Bakhos, Dr. Robert Love, Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz
- Urology: Dr. Robert Flanigan
Four doctors with part-time Loyola affiliations are on the list: Dr. Deborah Couch (addiction psychiatry); Dr. Thomas John (ophthalmology); Dr. James Berman (pediatric gastroenterology) and Dr. Meike Uhler (reproductive endocrinology.
Also on the list, for cardiovascular disease, is Dr. Lloyd Klein of Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, which is part of the Loyola system.