LiveSmart™ Vascular Screening
What is it for?
When it comes to preventing heart attacks and strokes, knowledge is power. The Loyola LiveSmart™ Vascular Screening package puts the power of prevention into the hands of patients who want to live healthier, fuller lives. In an effort to provide early intervention for people who may have heart disease or stroke risk factors, our vascular screenings are affordable, convenient and most importantly, performed by a Loyola registered vascular technologist who truly knows about prevention. The LiveSmart™ Vascular Screening is offered exclusively at the Loyola Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine at Park Ridge and at the Loyola Center for Health at Hickory Hills.
How is it done?
Loyola vascular screenings utilize state-of-the-art Doppler color flow ultrasound technology to deliver accurate results. All screenings are simple, painless and noninvasive. The Loyola LiveSmart™ Vascular Screening package costs only $130* and includes:
- Carotid artery disease screening
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Ankle-brachial index screening (for arterial disease)
- EKG (for atrial fibrillation – irregular heartbeat)
What happens after the test?
Screening results will be reviewed by a Loyola board-certified cardiologist or a registered vascular technologist and mailed within 15 business days of the screening appointment.
* Note: Because many times elective screenings such as these are not covered by insurance, Loyola is committed to providing important, high quality vascular screenings at a rate affordable to our patients. The LiveSmart™ Vascular Screening is not covered or reimbursable by Medicare, nor will Loyola file insurance claims to any health-care provider.