Loyola Medicine is proud to offer you both medical and surgical options for your weight loss treatment. Our multidisciplinary team of professionals is nationally recognized for its weight loss program and success rates, and is dedicated to partnering with you to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Starting a medical or surgical weight loss program is a big decision, and one that requires significant preparation and commitment. If you and the multidisciplinary team of weight loss experts at Loyola have decided that you are a candidate for medical or surgical weight loss, you will be guided through the process by taking the following steps:
- Express interest in our program by contacting Loyola
- Loyola will collect all necessary patient information and help verify your insurance coverage
- You will be asked to complete a Patient Information Packet (PIP) enabling Loyola experts to review your past history and recommend appropriate pathway for your weight loss needs: either medical or surgical
- You will be invited to attend free informational seminar at convenient Loyola facilities
- Loyola will review your PIP, confirm attendance at a seminar and then you will be invited to an individual office visit
- You will receive a thorough evaluation, which may include:
- Regular physical exam
- Psychological assessment
- Individualized nutrition counseling
- Exercise consultation at Gottlieb Center for Fitness
- Additional tests as necessary, including EKG, X-rays, blood draws, sleep study, etc.
- You will be placed on a “pathway” specific to your individual needs, including specific insurance requirements and clinical goals
- If medical weight loss is recommended, you will have the option to enroll in our Personal Best Program
- If surgical weight loss is recommended, you will be educated on your surgical weight loss options
- Close follow-up with all recommended providers to help you achieve your weight loss goals
- Maintain a relationship with Loyola for lifelong follow-up and support for for weight loss maintenance
Loyola offers medical weight loss opportunities at the Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care at Melrose Park, 719 W. North Avenue in Melrose Park, while surgeries are performed at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood. Weight loss seminars and support groups are available at several locations across the Chicagoland area. Find all locations.